Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Speed Work on the Track



After last week's disappointing attempt at speed work, I decided to head to my old high school's track for round two.  This time, I approached it with a little more structure.

I decided to do two miles, split into .25 mile intervals.  I would alternate between running as fast as I could, and recovery jogs.

Here are my splits (my stopwatch messed up and I didn't get times for my jogs...but I'm not too concerned).

0.25mi: Warm-up
0.50mi: 7:12
0.75mi: Recovery
1.00mi: 7:40
1.25mi: Recovery
1.50mi: 8:00
1.75mi: Recovery
2.00mi: 7:16

I'm a pretty structured person to begin with, so I liked how technical running on the track was.  Also, did I mention how much my legs hurt after this?!  I practically waddled to my car because my legs were sore and EXHAUSTED.  And the best part was that I recovered surprisingly quickly.  Within an hour, I could walk normally again, and by the next day, I was actually less sore than I would have been if I had done a longer relaxed run.

Yup, I like this workout a lot.  It was precise, tough, but quick (perfect for a very busy lady!), and had an easy recovery.  I will definitely be doing this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment