Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Where did I move to - Siberia?




Remember last blog post, when I got really excited about a run I managed to fit in on a gorgeous (relatively speaking) day?

Well, I'm glad I took that opportunity.  The weather has gone downhill since.  I think it's going to be April before I go outside again.

Let it be known that I'm not a wimp when it comes to winter.  I was born in Canada, and am now a member of the hardy stock they call Northeasterners.  I get giddy at the year's first snowfall.  One of my favorite meals, if you can call it that, is munching on a tall cup of ice.  But I will complain about this winter because I think I have every right.

It stopped snowing, finally, but the temperatures have been about -20F for a week and a half.  I can no longer fit my feet into my shoes because of 1. the swelling from the persistent frostnip, and 2. the 4 pairs of socks I need to put on.  I speedwalk between classes because every second outside is a recipe for hypothermia.  Oh, and I need to use a hairdryer and a hammer to get out of my house every morning because my front door freezes shut.

And through the mountains of snow, sheets of ice, and bitter wind, life goes on.  My school has not shut down, not even for a day.  Clients are still pouring in at work.  I guess you can't postpone life for inclement weather when every day is inclement.

This is undeniably the worst winter I have every experienced.  This is the worst winter anyone has ever experienced.

I'm ready for this to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment