Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Negative Splits!


Yesterday, I posted about how terrible I've been feeling while running in cold weather.

Today, I probably what was one of my best runs to date.  It was still snowing today, but besides some ankle pain in the first mile or so, I felt fantastic.  This was one of my fastest runs, and I finally managed negative splits for a decently long run.

The funny thing about running is that it reminds me of playing piano sometimes.  You can put in hours and hours of practice, but for some reason, your performance the day of is always unpredictable.  There are so many factors that go into running and piano, whether it be your diet or the audience, the weather or the bench, that you never know how you're going to do until you're actually in the moment.

I think its important to celebrate those times when everything goes right.  This wasn't a race or anything, and I know that even if it was, I wouldn't be on any leaderboards.  None of that matters, though.  It's these little personal victories that keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment