Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A New Year

It's that time of the year when everyone starts reflecting on days gone by.  But first, a glimpse forward into my future -

I just signed up for my first half-marathon.

I'm pretty terrified, because if you asked me to run a half-marathon right now, I would probably actually die.  But since Wineglass isn't until October, I have a good 10 months to train.  I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions, but I thought signing up for a race I can't currently do would be a nice way to keep myself running for another year.

Anyway, I'm going to be all nostalgic now and take a look back.

2014 was a very memorable year for me.  It certainly wasn't the best year, in fact, it was quite difficult, but it was the most life-changing yet.  I think I'll remember 2014 as "The Year I Made Really Big Things Happen".  In rough chronological order:
  • I finished the busiest academic semester of my life with great success (still don't know how I did it)
  • I graduated from university!
  • I moved halfway across the country, back to my childhood home.
  • I got my first real, adult job.
  • I began taking running seriously and got in the best physical shape I had ever been in.
  • Parking ticket drama.
  • I moved again and got my own place.
  • I went back to school to follow a completely different career path, while simultaneously working in my old one.
  • I turned down a good career-building opportunity that wasn't right for me, and eventually got one that was even better.
  • I traveled.  A lot.
In 2014, I took risks, did things I was afraid of, and took control of my life.  I have a long way to go, but I've already accomplished things I didn't think I was capable of, and that was due to my incredible family and friends who have been so supportive of the difficult, monumental decisions that I made this year.  I can't thank them enough.

Happy New Year!  Welcome 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment