Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What I think on the treadmill

It has been hot this whole week.  Now, given the fact I live in almost-Canada, my definition of "hot" is relative, but I don't dare go outside, lest I drown in my own sweat.

So I mustered up all my willpower and climbed onto the treadmill.

I hate the treadmill.

But I sucked it up and this was roughly my train of thought:



  • This isn't that bad.  I'm going so fast!  It feels so easy!  I can do this!  It's just three miles.
  • I'm looking at a wall.  There's got to be something more interesting to look at here....nope.
  • Ok, visualize!  I see the trail, the trees to the left, the water to the right - oh!  Watch out for the cyclist!
  • Wow, this run just got really hard!  Stop visualizing!
  • Aaaand I'm bored again.
  • Turn up the speed.  That will make the time go by faster, right?
  • Who am I kidding?  I feel like a hamster on a wheel.
  • Only eight minutes?!  
  • Don't look at the time.  I should focus of my form.  Midfoot strike, pumping arms, looking forward....at the wall....
  • OW!  I just kicked the front of this dumb machine.  There goes my form.
  • Now I am at twelve minutes.  I seriously need to stop looking at the time.
  • HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER.
  • At least I'm not melting outside.
  • Nope.  I'd rather be melting.
  • Just keep running, just keep running, just keep running running running, what do we do, we run...
  • Nineteen minutes.  Almost done.
  • I can do this!  I'm almost there!
  • THIS IS THE LONGEST MINUTE EVAR.
  • Five, fooouur, threeeeeeeeeeee, ttttwwwwwwoooooooo.....
  • ONE!  I'M FREE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment