Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

I Signed Up for My First Races!

I'm nervous, and worried, and probably going to make a fool of myself, but I am so excited.


The first race is the Run for the Red Twilight 5k on July 31 in Canandaigua, NY.  It's a local race along some very scenic grounds, but what made this the perfect first race for me is that it's going to be run at 7pm.  I am not a morning person.  Not at all.  So I like to run right after work, which just so happens to be around 7pm.  It just makes sense for me to run a race when I'm not a complete zombie.

I'm shooting for a time below 30:00.  That's good, right?

Right?

Quite frankly, I'm not that fast.  I don't think I'll ever be.  Running in general is quite an accomplishment, but I will get to that at a later date.

The other race I signed up for is the Warrior Dash on August 9 in Cleveland, OH.  I will be running this with a close college friend of mine, and it's so worth the 5 hour drive to see her and hopefully, have lots of fun.

We were originally going to run the Dirty Girl Mud Run on the same day, in the same area, but the event ran into a Mount Everest of problems.  It's incredible, and really scary how fast it all happened, but long story short, Facebook exploded, sponsors dropped the race, and our location was cancelled.  As luck would have it, the Warrior Dash happened to fit our weekend perfectly, so we snatched up the remaining spots.

The race fee was ridiculous, but I don't know another time in my life that I'll get to swim through mud, jump over fire, and potentially get grievously injured.  But heck, I'm ready to have tons of fun with my friend during this race, and hopefully, we'll finish with all our teeth in tact.

Race recaps to come!  Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment